Disclosure: Softonic may receive a referral fee if you click or buy any of the products featured here.
The best thing about the internet is all the free and safe tools that came with it. Who could have imagined in the ‘90s that we wouldn’t have to buy photo film cartridges forever? If you’re from that era, you’ll know what we mean when we say that trying to protect those films was a disaster.
In the good old days, we didn’t have the option of editing our pics with free tools like Adobe Photoshop, Pixlr, and Photoscape. On top of that, it’s free to use, and you can create magic from your favorite memories, whether you want to change your background or add your mom to your holiday pics in Rome. It’s all possible with a few easy clicks once you know how to do it.
If you haven’t played around on a free photo editing tool yet, you’re missing loads of fun. The best ones, such as Photoshop, are free to download and get started. You don’t have to worry about messing up your favorite pics either. If you don’t like what you’ve done to a photo, you can quickly undo it and start again. You also don’t lose the original photo. You make an additional copy in Photoshop to play around with until you have the perfect image.
Here are some tips on how to resize and flip your images using Photoshop.
How to resize an image in Photoshop?
- Start by opening your photo in the Photoshop app.
- Navigate to ‘Image’ that’s at the top of your screen
- Click on ‘Image Size,’ which will open a new window.
- Select the option to ‘Constrain Proportions,’ which will keep your image proportions intact.
- Go to ‘Document Size’ and follow the next steps: Choose ‘inches’ as your preferred measurement unit and ensure that the image resolution is ‘200 pixels/inch’ or higher. If you’re planning to print the image, then opt for ‘300 pixels/inch.’ Please enter the height and width you want for the photo and crop it where necessary. If you’re happy with the result, then click on ‘Ok.’
- You can now save your new file.
How to flip my images in Photoshop?
- Open your Photoshop app and select the image you want to ‘flip,’
- Choose ‘Image’ on the toolbar at the top of your window and select ‘Image Rotation.’
- Click on ‘Flip Canvas Horizontal.’
- Save your image in the new position.
How to change resolution and dimensions in Photoshop?
- Open your Photoshop app and click on ‘Image’ > ‘Image Size.’
- Here you can change the image resolution or print dimensions.
- If you don’t want to change the image ratio of width to height, then select ‘Constrain Proportions’
- Now you can change the image ‘Resolution’ value and save your image.